Office of 第九条 Initiatives reports to Provost's Office
耐温钛 is reporting to the Provost’s office as part of the University’s broader diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
的 Office of 第九条 Initiatives is now located at 4615 Forbes Ave, Suite 330. We are so glad to be back on campus!
From the intersection of Forbes Ave & Morewood大街, head west on Forbes Ave towards Craig Street, you will pass the Tepper School of Business and TCS Hall.
CA88官网的办公大楼, 4615 Forbes Ave, Suite 330, is located next to TCS Hall. If you reach Chipotle, you have gone too far!
You will see an exterior staircase leading up to two sets of double doors, at the top of the building. Please use the doors located on the left-hand side of the entrance. Please use the intercom system for access by pressing the call button and dialing 008. Once you enter the lobby, our office suite is located to the right-hand side. 请进来!
Federal Government Reaffirms that “Sex” Includes 性别认同 and 性 Orientation under 第九条
第九章是美国宪法.S. civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education. 的 Office of 第九条 Initiatives is responsible for coordinating the University’s effort’s to prevent and effectively respond to sex-based discrimination, including sexual misconduct.
Carnegie Mellon University has long prohibited discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation and gender identity under the University’s Statement of Assurance.
2016年，美国经济增长放缓.S. Departments of Justice and Education issued a joint significant legal guidance [PDF] explaining that 第九条’s prohibitions on discrimination on the basis of sex includes discrimination on the basis of gender identity. 这个指导 取消 [PDF] by the Trump Administration in early 2017. 然而, individual schools were permitted to continue to define sex to include sexual orientation and gender identity for the purposes of their own anti-discrimination policies, which Carnegie Mellon elected to do.
2021年6月.S. Department of Education issued a Notice of Interpretation of Law [PDF]宣称, 再一次, 根据联邦法律, the term “sex” includes sexual orientation and gender identity for the purposes of 第九条. This interpretation follows the landmark 2020 U.S. Supreme Court decision, 博斯托克v. 克莱顿县 which held that LGBTQ people are protected from employment discrimination under the civil rights law known as “Title VII” (which prohibits discrimination in employment based on identity including sex, 比赛, religion and national origin), as well as President Biden’s January 2021 Executive Order extending the 博斯托克 ruling to other federal laws and regulations.
Ways to Make a Report
在人- 4615 Forbes Ave, Floor 3, Suite 330 (formerly GATF Building)
Filing a 正式投诉
Learn More about the 第九条 Basics
的 第九条 & 不正当的性行为 Resource Guide will walk you through how to make a report, 如何找到CA88官网, how to get help if you have been impacted by sexual misconduct or want to help a friend, how the University responds to sexual misconduct and how we can support you. Learn more by downloading the 第九条 & 不正当的性行为 Resource Guide [pdf].
Check out additional University resources and important contacts in the 卡耐基-梅隆的关心 folder - Guide to Helping Students!
Other Options for Reporting
Office for Civil Rights at U.S. Department of Education (OCR): If you believe that the school has violated your 第九条 rights, you may file a complaint with the OCR.
National Science Foundation's Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI): 的 office is charged with enforcing 第九条 among NSF grantees. To file a complaint, or for more information on 第九条, contact (703) 292-8020, e-mail programcomplaints@nsf.政府 or complete and submit 这种形式
Dear Members of Carnegie Mellon Community,
8月12日, 2020, Provost Jim Garrett sent out a campus communication regarding the adoption of an Interim 不正当的性行为 Policy to comply with the U.S. Department of Education’s Final Rules for 第九条. This new policy will go into effect August 14, 2020.
Leading up to the release of the Final Regulations, the University pulled together senior leadership from the Provost’s Office, 耐温钛, 学生事务, Human Resources and General Counsel’s Office to create a 第九条 Steering Committee (“耐温钛 Steering Committee”) to review and revise the university’s sexual misconduct policies. 的 耐温钛 Steering Committee worked closely with outside experts throughout the summer to create a policy that reflects and maintains the values of CMU, while also meeting the new legal standards of the Final Regulations. 一如既往地, the University remains committed to combatting sexual misconduct and to examining and refining our practices and policies for the benefit of all members of our campus community.
A full review and comment period of the University's 不正当的性行为 Policy will take place throughout the 2020-21 academic year. This process will involve multiple opportunities for community members to provide verbal and written feedback before a Final Policy is adopted. If you have any questions or would like to speak with someone regarding the new policy, please do not hesitate to contact our Office.
National and State Resources
24/7 National Resources
CALCASA Rape Prevention Resource Center 萨克拉门托, 916.446.2520
- Santa Clara – Community Solutions (Community 性 Assault Crisis Center) ; PO Box 546, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
- 洛杉矶- - - - - - 24-HOUR SEXUAL ASSAULT CRISIS LINE 877-Y-HELPS-U ()
- YWCA Greater Los Angeles, 1020 S. Olive Street, 7th Floor, 90015年洛杉矶
Connecticut Alliance to End 性 Violence 东哈特福德,CT 860.282.9881
Florida Council Against 性 Violence 塔拉哈西,佛罗里达州 850.297.2000
- 迈阿密戴德。 Roxcy Bolton Rape Treatment Center 305-585-RAPE (7273)
- 布劳沃德- 24小时服务热线 性 袭击幸存者:
Illinois Coalition Against 性 Assault (ICASA) 斯普林菲尔德, 217.753.4117
- 库克- Community Counseling Centers of Chicago Quetzal Center (888) 293-208; (773) 769-1724; 2525 W. 彼得森大街.芝加哥，伊利诺伊州60659
- 杜佩奇- 共同地,公司. (630) 897-8383; P.O. Box 843, Aurora, IL 60507
Maryland Coalition Against 性 Assault 马里兰州银泉 301.328.7023
- 蒙哥马利- 受害者的援助 & 性 Assault Program (240) 777-1355, (240) 777-4357; 1301 Piccard Drive, Suite 4100, Rockville, MD 20850
- 霍华德- HopeWorks of Howard County (410) 997-0304, (410) 997-2272; 9770 Patuxent Woods Drive, Suite 300, Columbia, MD 21046
简多伊公司. / MCASADV 波士顿 617.248.0922
- 米德尔塞克斯- Voices Against Violence (800) 593-1125, (508) 820-0834; South Middlesex Opportunity Council, 7 Bishop Street, Framingham, MA 01702-8313
- Norfolk - 的 Domestic Violence/性 Assault Program at Newton Wellesley Hospital; , www.nwh.org
- 纽约- NYC Alliance Against 性 Assault (212) 229-0345; 32 Broadway Suite 1101, New York, NY 10004
- Cuyahoga – Cleveland Rape Crisis Center (216) 619-6194;1228 Euclid Avenue, Suite 200, 克利夫兰,哦44115
- Franklin - 的 OhioHealth 性 Assault 响应 Network (SARNCO) (614) 267-7020
- AAllegheny – Pittsburgh Action Against Rape (PAAR) ; 81 South 19th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203
- Montgomery – Victim Services Center ; 325年瑞典人圣., 2nd Floor, Norristown, PA 19401
Texas Association Against 性 Assault 奥斯汀,得克萨斯州
- 哈里斯- 的 Harris County Precinct 7 Crime Victims Assistance Program (713) 274-3521; 5290 Griggs Road, Houston, TX 77021
Virginia 性 and Domestic Violence Action Alliance 弗吉尼亚州夏洛茨维尔 弗吉尼亚州里士满,
- Fairfax - Domestic and 性 Violence Services ,12000 Government Center Pkwy, Fairfax, VA 22035
- 罗- LAWS 性 Assault Services ,
Washington Coalition of 性 Assault Programs 奥林匹亚,佤邦 360.754.7583
- King – King County 性 Assault Resource Center 888.99.的声音 (888.998.6423)
- Snohomish - Providence Intervention Center for Assault and Abuse: Services for victims of sexual assault in Snohomish County & 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)